Saturday, November 15, 2008

K.R. Mabrey

It has been 7 years since we put Dad to rest. Oh, how I miss him. It has not been an easy road for our family. So many things have changed. Although he is gone, I can still hear his voice in my mind. Sometimes I just sit and reminisce. I can still smell the scent of fertilizer in the ole hardware store. I can even see the uneven slats in the floor with the stuff hanging from the rafters. I can see myself riding next to him in his pick up truck. Even in my adult years I still enjoyed riding around with him in his truck. He was so cute. He loved my mother so much. He loved his 'home'. And my Mother created an incredible cozy home. He was a good man. He loved God with everything in him. He loved his family.

Jeff, Morgan, Jordan, Kori , and I all miss him. His memory lives on in our home. Things he taught me and my children will forever be etched in our hearts and minds. And someday we will see him again.

I love you Dad!


This is one of his trucks we used to ride around in.

6 comments:

Music Eloquence said...

Wow! You're really making the memories swim for me these last few days... going on a week now. Your dad was one of my Dad's good friends. I always loved his sense of humor... he had a way of making one smile without ever smiling himself. He would pass by me and just say these two words, "So What!" and sometimes he'd repeat himself and add my name for emphasis, "So what, Von de Leigh!" And he'd just keep on walking. I also loved his loyalty for the man of God in His life, Bro.Wilson. Your dad was a great example of a Godly Christian man. I know that those who knew him still miss him. Yes, we will see him again.... I believe sooner than later.

PS. I loved the picture of the old truck.

iluv2prshim said...

It's hard to believe it has been 7 years since your dad's passing. He was indeed a great man.
Love you!

p.s. I didn't know you had a blog until today. :)

Anonymous said...

Sis Brenda I read your memories of your dad, tears wear falling so fast I could hardly read. Oh how we loved your Dad , he was such a Godly man. He was always such fun to be with, your Mom and Dad were real true friends, What treasured memories we have with them, I will have to say some of our best days were in Sacramento, We still miss The Rock so much. God was so good to us to allow us to met the Mabrey's. I tried to put this on your blog but didn't know how. Love to all Aunt Betty

Samantha and Stephanie said...

Bro. Mabrey...he made the board meetings not so boring!! i truly loved and respected your father (and mother)...i'm not sure where the rock church would be today if it wasnt for Kenny Mabrey. its almost been a year since my mom passed away...and it isnt fun. thank you for posting that beautiful photo. love, tara... ps - if thats betty smith's comment i would love to get her email! two of my funnest, but worst, phone helpers - your mom and betty smith!! so many stories...

Mallory's said...

Hey Tara!! Wow. It's been a long time. My dad wasn't the board meeting kind, but if had to be in one, he would make the best of it. Sorry to hear about your Mother. Yes that is Betty Smith. How can I get her email to you. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could go for a ride in that truck with him today.
I miss him everyday of my life.

His wife.......:-)